Friday, November 13, 2009

Welcome to my Reporter's Notebook

First Introductory Blog:

Hello Everyone and Welcome to my Blog :)

My name is Kimberly Nguyen
I am a Assignment Editor for CBS 5 - KPIX (San Francisco's #1 Television News station) and working my way up the ladder to become a TV News Reporter.
I'm currently located in the San Francisco Bay Area (in California)...and brand new to the big world of "Blogging".

A wonderful friend "Heather of Frebies4mom" suggested I should get my feet wet in Blogging since Journalists are "supposed to be" versatile on a wide variety of platforms (we call those people APJ's) now, so here I am. :)

This Blog will be dedicated to News Junkies around the world and college students embarking on their journey of becoming a professional Journalist.

A wonderful Journalism Professor of mine once said.."I ask you guys about Current Events and you sit there and tell me you don't know anything, because you didn't watch tv, didn't read the newspaper and didn't listen to the radio..This behavior tells me you did not keep up with current events. And you tell me you want to become a journalist? That's really scary and I find it really hard to believe that you want to embark on this profession after college and want to be taken seriously as a reporter?" News people have to be informed at all times so they can inform the public on what's going on, if journalism is what you want to do, then you have to keep up with current events at all times.

Thank YOU BOB !!!

Because of this statement, I decided to start a journalistic blog about my thoughts on current events (mostly stuff happening in domestic and perhaps International News) for College Students studying journalism as well as any News Junkie out there who likes to talk about current events.

I'll also be posting occasional links to some wonderful "Freebie" finds online. Who doesn't love talking about current events and getting Freebies, right ? :)

I look forward to getting to know my readers and posting more and sharing more about myself and my thoughts over time.

1 comment:

  1. Kimberly,

    First, I wanted to thank you for your kinds words in thanking me for the help & support we chatted about the other day.

    I really love your blog & most of all the content you chose to blog on. I can truly tell that you have a great head on your shoulders with goals linking to your passion in Journalism. You will, with no doubt, definitley suceed in becoming a TV News Reporter :) Keep up the good work! If you have any questions, I'm always here! Speaking in relations to revalance to your blog & what it's target is after, I was recently articled in the New York Times Bit Blog & interviwed by Reporter, Claire Cain Miller. Here is the link if you wanted to edit it and do a post on your blog. The topic was on how people save money on products by using their mobile phones!

    Here's the link:

    http://www.nytimes.com/2009/12/18/technology/18mobile.html?_r=3

    Heather Reed

    ReplyDelete